Licensed Professional Counselor
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Texas. I received my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Master of Education in Counseling at the University of Houston. Go Coogs! I have experience working with clients of all ages as young as 5 years old. I am fluent in both English and Spanish, and work with a myriad of issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, PTSD, and others. I prefer to use an eclectic approach to treating clients, as I believe a clinician should tend to the client’s individual needs. I use a variety of therapeutic approaches to tailor to each client, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy.
As a clinician, I strive to educate my clients as much as possible. I work with you to learn new ways of looking at and resolving current issues. My hope is for my clients to eventually feel confident enough to go through life’s challenges independently. I want my clients to leave my office feeling like they have gained new skills. From the first session all the way until the end of treatment, I challenge myself to create a safe space in which my clients can grow and reach their full potential.
Get to know me
• I am the mother of two beautiful little souls (my daughter and my dog).
• I enjoy traveling with friends. I have been to Cancun, New York, Morocco, Spain, France, and many more places.
• Do not be surprised if you find me exercising in between sessions. I have found peace in running. I think of it as a way of releasing all toxins from my body.
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Houston- Main Campus, Houston, TX
• Master of Education in Counseling , University of Houston- Main Campus, Houston, TX
License & Certification
• Licensed Professional Counselor- State of Texas
Evidence Based Therapy
• Cognitive Behavior Therapy
• Solution Focused Therapy
• Person-Centered Therapy
• Cognitive Processing Therapy
• Mindfulness-Based Interventions
Working towards accepting Blue Cross Blue Shield, United, and Optimum