Melissa Eldridge, LPC-Associate
Denise Smith, LPC-S
I am Licensed Professional Counselor Associate supervised by Denise Smith. I have loved in The Houston area for 42 years and am excited to serve the community in Cypress and surrounding areas. I have a degree in special education and I am certified to teach high school English, which I have done for the past 16 years. While teaching I completed my Masters in Counseling from Houston Baptist University and fulfilled my life long dream of becoming a professional counselor. I have years of experience working with adults and adolescents as they deal with depression, anxiety, self harm, grief, trauma, and the issues related to caregiving.
I believe that everyone is unique and I am careful to specialize individual treatment plans to meet the needs of each client . I use an eclectic approach to therapy which includes CBT, Solution Focused, Trauma focused therapy, DBT as well as EMDR.
I endeavor to create a calm, welcoming, and peaceful place for people to feel safe, empowered and encouraged. It is my pleasure to help clients meet their goals for strong mental Heath and relationship building .
Get to Know Me
* I had been married for 28 years before my husband passed away
*I remarried and my second husband passed away after 5 years from cancer
*I have 4 grown children and 5 grandchildren
* I didn’t finish college until I was 46!
* I love to read and I try to ride my bike several miles everyday
* I have two lazy dogs
* I love to travel and spend as much time with my friends as possible
* I am a believer
* B. S degree from Sam Houston State University
* Masters of Arts from Houston Baptist University
* Licensed Professional Counselor Associate
* EMDR Trained
* American Counseling Association
*Self pay for the time being
Evidenced Based Therapy
* Cognitive Behavior Therapy
* Solution Focused
*Dialectical Behavior Therapy